February 25, 2011

Enter the real DAN! Doctors...Thoughtful House Center for Children

So, Aidan’s occupational therapist put me in contact with another patient’s mother who had some success using biomed to help her son. She immediately recommended the Thoughtful House Center for Children in Austin, TX. As if the stars were not already beginning to align for us, my husband’s job was moving us to Texas! This was perfect!

Things were beginning to fall into place. A few months later, we had our first appointment with the Thoughtful House.  It was exactly what I hoped for. They understood every symptom, regression, and behavior that I explained. No one judged, or watched Aidan to pick apart his every move. For the first time, I felt like I was in the presence of people who truly wanted to help my child. I knew we were on the same page. I wanted my son to be healthy again, and they were there to make sure that we were doing everything possible to make that happen.

I handed over all of the test results from our previous DAN! Doctor, and within minutes I heard the words, “So it looks like he may have some toxic levels of mercury and lead”
JUST LIKE I THOUGHT! Ugh! I wanted to go back to our last DAN! Doctor and say, “Why do you even order tests that you can’t decipher the results?”

During our visit, we also found that Aidan DID have some issues with bacteria. The plan was to treat the bacteria, add supplements (more vitamin D then just 2000 IU!), and then schedule a follow up appointment to discuss MB12. YES! Finally we are getting somewhere!

That night when we went back to our hotel room, I cried. I was so happy because I knew we were taking the first step to healing our baby’s little body. I imagined him looking at me without puffy, dark circles under his eyes. I imagined him having the energy to do all of the things that he could once do! And while I dreamed of the progress he would make, I prayed for every other family that I met in the waiting room of the Thoughtful House that day. I met Mothers and Fathers that had driven or flown in from out of state, and in some cases the other side of the country, just to take their child to the Thoughtful House. I felt so lucky that we lived so close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment